- Trump will be a disaster for online privacy. Here’s how to protect yours before it’s too late. Donald Trump doesn’t like encryption. He threatened to call for a boycott of Apple products because they wouldn’t undermine the encryption on the iPhone. Trump also loves surveillance. When he was a candidate, he said he wanted to place mosques under U.S. surveillance and create a national database to track Muslims. He is also in favor of NSA mass surveillance. And on the topic of hacking his enemies, Trump said, “I wish I had that power. Man, that would be power.” As president, he will have that power. – recode.net
- India Is Getting Its First Generation Of Interns Thanks To This Online Startup – An Indian startup that facilitates the pairing of interns with internships began with Sarvesh Agrawal’s plan to find a way to help people out of the poverty cycle. His own journey began in a small town with a population of less than 50,000. – Forbes.com
- Digital Silver – Digital Silver is a one-day international conference focusing on digital solutions for senior citizens. The event is being held November 29th, 2016 at Wanha Satama in Helsinki. Digital Silver is an official pre-event for Slush technology conference. – arcticstartup.com
- In Pics: At this startup, employees often work from wall-mounted boxes! Pocket Aces is a digital entertainment company that conceptualises, creates and distributes engaging digital-first content for the Indian millennial. Started by Ashwin Suresh and Anirudh Pandita, Pocket Aces was formed with the goal of becoming the modern media company of choice for the millennial.
- Banking, Retail & Healthcare Biggest Adopters of Startup Tech in India – A big push towards digital transformation amongst enterprises is leading to increasing adoption of startup technologies. Banking, Retail, and Healthcare are the top adopters based on their growth potential, willingness to adopt startup solutions, and availability of such complex solutions locally. These are some of the highlights in the Ecosystem Report on Enterprise Ready Startups 2016 released by Microsoft Accelerator. “We are very happy to note that Indian enterprises are looking at startups for innovative solutions and expertise for their Digital Transformation in India. This Ecosystem Report provides insights into how this enterprise-startup partnership has evolved in last few years, underlining the value of collaboration and building the startup ecosystem.” says Ravi Narayan, Global Director, Microsoft Accelerator. – techstory.in
- Nasty Gal is expected to file for bankruptcy – Founder Sophia Amoruso will also resign as executive chairwoman of the online clothing retailer. The hip online clothing seller, aimed at fashion-forward young women for whom Amoruso had become a heroine, is telling its employees today and will be filing publicly soon. Sources added that director Danny Rimer is also expected to step down from the board. Amoruso’s departure caps what has been a tumultuous two years at the onetime e-commerce darling. Nasty Gal has conducted layoffs both this year and last, gone through a CEO change, and been the target of lawsuits by several former employees. Nasty Gal has also explored a sale of the company, said sources. – recode.net